Total Pageviews

Sunday 9 September 2012

US denies Indian parents access to their child

Koktata: The family of an Indian child who has been kept away from his parents by the American child service authorities in New Jersey have appealed to the government to help them. The Sahas' 11-month old son is currently in hospital.

This came after he was admitted with a head injury. The parents say he fell from a bed. They now claim they are being stopped from seeing their child pending an inquiry into the incident.

The father Debasish Saha who hails from West Bengal has been asked to appear before a US court on Friday. "As per our explanation, the kid fell from the bed. I am in touch with the Indian High Commission. They said they will help me. My appeal is that my kid is fine and fit to be discharged and I want the kid to be handed over to my relatives in India, not to someone whom I don't know."

The grandparents of the child in Kolkata have also appealed to the government.

"They were waiting to bring the child home. But the hospital has refused to hand over the baby. I appeal to the government to intervene and return my grandchild to me," the child's grandmother Sona Rani Saha said.

His grandfather Nirmal Saha said, "How can an 11-month-old child stay without the care of his parents with the care of a hospital nurse? It is not justified."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusLinkedInRSS FeedEmail

 
Partners | Golf Club Reviews | Jewelry affiliate program | Morning News - Blogged | Top NewMedia Sites |